Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The New Year..

As we welcome in the new year, I have begun some new changes. I don't always know how I feel about new years resolutions because many times good goals are made, but they don't always get done. Well, I never made any new goals for this year, rather I just fell into a few. One of them was exercising. I have never really had a regular exercising routine but decided that getting in shape this year would be a good way to feel better. Lately I have been having headaches and some other medical problems that haven't been resolved, although we've visited several doctors. My friend, Katie Wendt, leads a class called Body and Soul which is a ministry around the nation that incorporates spiritual and physical fitness. I have attended a few classes in the past but never really wanted to join, but for some reason I wanted to do it this year. Katie always tried to convince me in the past and now that she is expecting, she cannot teach the class anymore, but she is still attending in order to hold me accountable. I am not sure if I can going to do 2 days a week or 3 but I really do like it so far. I feel more energized and upbeat and I also feel like it gets me going in the mornings, even though I am not a morning person (just ask my husband). We'll see how it goes, hopefully well. I also want to start eating well and making healthier meals. I cannot wait to be done with school so that I can spend more time on making meals...

So I surprised myself this year.....really surprised myself..hopefully I will still end up loving the class, even when I have to wake up so early....(ok, 8:00 isn't that bad...lol)

No comments: