Saturday, January 9, 2010

My Knight in Shining Armor....


Wednesday night, as my husband and I laid in bed to watch a movie, I ate a bunch of popcorn (like I do almost every night)--and then eventually went to bed, exhausted from all of the days activities. In the middle of the night, I woke up feeling hot and stuffy and couldn't fall asleep after that. Eventually, I started to feel cold and then hot and then a terrible feeling began to form in my stomach...nausea..of which I tried to ignore. I fell in and out of sleep for the next few hours and eventually woke up to use the bathroom. My husband was already up eating breakfast, and asked how I was doing. I told him "Yuck, I think I'm getting the flu...." his response was, "You don't know that yet.." I laid down in bed and then a few minutes later I ran to the bathroom and yes, I don't have to explain the rest of the story.... but I did have the flu; the worst kind in my opinion. As my head was over the toilet seat and tears were streaming down my face, my husband patiently stroked my back and kept saying, "It's ok."

How romantic huh?

I think so...although it may not be roses, a letter, or a nice dinner out, this kind gesture meant so much more. Yes, my husband does all of those things as well but he to help me when I'm sick is quite the sacrifice. I personally have a hard time being in the same room with someone who is throwing up, let alone being in the same house, but my husband is strong.

I am a very paranoid person when it comes to the stomach flu, which is something I have to learn to get over, especially when we have kids because I am sure they will get it at least once in their lifetime. I know we all have our own personal weaknesses but this weakness is something that can become a hindrance in serving others. Being a servant is not easy, especially when we are called to sacrifice our needs; including our health. Yet, our health is not the most important thing in this world, Christ is. Getting the stomach flu is nothing compared to what Christ went through.....ok, that was a very poor comparison but sometimes we get so hung up on certain things, like this.

Thank you Lord.

And I don't think I will be having popcorn for a very long time.....

1 comment:

Heidi Stone said...

After my pregnancy with Keaton, it was a VERY long time before I ate rice again. And I still don't eat tuna nearly as often as I used to. :)


Pesting